ctcLink End of Fall Quarter Update and Outage Notice
Dear Campus Community,
We’ve made it to the end of Fall Quarter, and we continue to see refinement and progress in ctcLink. Below are important reminders and training opportunities.
On Saturday, Dec. 18, 7 a.m.-1 p.m. the ctcLink Campus Solutions (CS) pillar will undergo maintenance to deploy an update to the system. The maintenance window will prevent staff from accessing the CS pillar, and students will not be able to access the admissions (OAAP) and HighPoint HCX pages until maintenance is complete. The Portal, HCM and Finance pillars will not be impacted and will remain online. Canvas will not be impacted. Note that the ctcLink class and course search maintenance will extend beyond this window and may not be available again until Monday Dec. 20.
On Tuesday, Dec. 21, 7-10 p.m. the ctcLink Human Capital Management (HCM) pillar will undergo maintenance to deploy a tax update. The Portal, Campus Solutions, and Finance pillars will not be impacted and will remain online. The HCM maintenance window will not impact Canvas.
Travel expenses, Purchasing, and Accounts Payable Training: Basic information about the new purchasing, accounts payable, and travel processes. The sessions will take place on Zoom: (Email us for the link)
Tuesday, Dec. 21, 2-3 p.m.
Budget Chartstring and Purchase Requisitions Training: The purchasing process (from request and approval to Purchase Order and vendor selection) is new with ctcLink. The sessions will take place on Zoom: (Email us for the link)
Monday, Dec. 20, 2-3 p.m.
Step-by-step guides and additional resources for staff can be found on the ctcLink training website https://ctclink.skagit.edu/training/ctclink-how-will-i under “Business Office Self-Service”.
Support Sessions for Students
Support sessions are underway for all students 9 a.m.-7 p.m., Dec. 13-Jan. 7, except Dec. 24 and Dec. 31. This a combined effort between Student Services and IT to provide student assistance in a single location. Please encourage any students you are in contact with to utilize these sessions if they need assistance. Students may attend in person on the Mount Vernon Campus in Lewis Hall 205 (L205) or by Zoom. (Email us for the link)
Available services for drop-in assistance during these sessions includes:
- ctcLink Account Activation and Activation trouble shooting
- Support completing the COVID-19 attestation/exemption or online Declaration process
- Support with how to register for classes in ctcLink
- Support with completing the online admission process, including registering for the Accuplacer placement exam
Our Back to School Guide has information on registration, drop-in help sessions, financial aid, updates and alerts, resources, and more: skagit.edu/winter2022
Faculty Contracts and Rosters
Accessing Winter Quarter 2022 waitlists, rosters, and contract information will all be done in ctcLink.
- Class rosters and waitlists can be located under Faculty Center in ctcLink. For a step-by-step guide click here. Additional resources and frequently asked questions can be located on the ctcLink website ctcLink Training and Resources for Faculty.
- Contracts will be posted on ctcLink and a message will be sent to your SVC email account alerting you that the contract is available (likely in mid to late December). Here is a guide to accessing your contracts.
If you have any other ctcLink questions or needs, please let us know.