ctcLink and Other Existing Information Systems
ctcLink Will Replace These Commonly Used Applications Including Instructional and Employee Tools
Most of the functionality of this class roster and grading tool for faculty is replaced by the ctcLink Faculty Center. Grade roster, class roster, and degree audit will be replaced by ctcLink. Communicating with students will be handled through a combination of tools: Canvas, email, TargetX, and some options in ctcLink.
- Instructor Briefcase Grade Roster → ctcLink
- Instructor Briefcase Class Roster → ctcLink
- Instructor Briefcase Student Contact Info → TargetX
- Degree Audit → ctcLink
- MySVC → ctcLink (most functions)
- Earnings History → ctcLink
- Time and Leave Reporting (TLR) → ctcLink
Time and Leave Reporting (TRL)
This tool for employees is replaced by the ctcLink Employee Self-Service.
Most paper-based processes will be replaced by workflows within ctcLink.
- Associate Faculty assignments will be made with ctcLink’s Faculty Workload Module (FWL)
- We are actively working on identifying how best to migrate all HR forms to ctcLink.
What other systems will be replaced by ctcLink’s PeopleSoft components?
- Student Management System (SMS), Financial Aid Management (FAM), Degree Audit, Instructor Briefcase → ctcLink PeopleSoft Campus Solutions (CS)
- Financial Management System (FMS), FMSQuery, Travel Requests → ctcLink PeopleSoft Financial Management (FM)
- Personnel & Payroll Management System (PPMS), NeoGov, TLR → ctcLink PeopleSoft Human Capital Management (HCM)
ctcLink Will Replace Most Functions of the Student Toolbox: MySVC
The MySVC sites are locally-developed portals that allow students to register for classes and perform other types of student self-service. Most of this functionality will be replaced by ctcLink Student Self-Service.
Student will use ctcLink Self-Service to:
- Request changes to personal information (name, contact information, etc)
- Enroll in classes and make changes to their enrollment (adds, drops, etc)
- Transact enrollment and financial aid processes
ctcLink and Canvas
Canvas is the online Learning Management System (LMS) used by our college to deliver electronic course content and many other purposes. We will continue to use Canvas with ctcLink, and it will be a tightly integrated system with ctcLink.
- Students will be able to log into Canvas with their ctcLink user ID and password as well as their existing credentials. New students after ctcLink go live will just use their ctcLink credentials to access Canvas.
- Canvas course shells can be created automatically for class sections scheduled in ctcLink.
ctcLink and TargetX
TargetX is the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system used by employees and faculty across Skagit Valley College to recruit and communicate with students. TargetX’s mass messaging, tracking and reporting tools are not replaced by ctcLink. TargetX will use many elements of ctcLink student and employee data. ctcLink data will generate all student and staff information in TargetX such as: contact info, programs and courses, advising notes, participation in student programs (TRiO, Running Start, Workforce, etc.), GPA, and total credits.
- Advising and student support programs will continue to use TargetX for notes, scheduling, and to view a students degree and ed plan.
ctcLink and 25Live
25Live is the system we use for classroom and event scheduling. 25Live is a tightly integrated part of the ctcLink system, and will be updated in real time by ctcLink. This integration will improve our class scheduling process and better help us understand how to use our spaces most efficiently.
ctcLink and Our Library Systems
At Skagit Valley College we use the Alma and Primo library management system. We also use the EZProxy authentication system to provide remote access to online resources. These systems are not replaced by ctcLink. They will continue to be used across our college. We will integrate these systems with ctcLink during the implementation process to automate access to our library materials for students and employees.