Feel free to use these message resources in your communications with others. Click on any accordion box for more information.
Message to external vendors, civic and program partners, and other contacts regarding Skagit Valley Colleges’ move to ctcLink and related service disruptions
Suggested Subject Line: Skagit Valley College Service Disruption October 11 – November 1, 2021
Hello Partners of Skagit Valley College,
We want to share some exciting news with you! Skagit Valley College will be implementing ctcLink, a new registration, payroll, and accounting system in early October. The new system will support added functions for our students and provide improved mobile access to the services they need. We wanted to let you know about these changes in case any of the students you work with experience a slight delay or disruption to our services. As always, we continue to remain focused on excellence and hope that any issues are minimal and are resolved quickly. If you have questions, please feel free to reach out to [insert contact information for the respective area]
Upcoming System Changes
There will be a three-week period from late September to mid-October when our core business systems will be frozen, and no data entry or reporting will be available until the ctcLink system is installed in October. This will cause a number of delays in many of our normal business processes. This change represents a significant challenge, and we apologize for any inconvenience it may cause you.
Slowdowns in key departments
You can expect service slowdowns in the following areas over the next several months:
- Enrollment Services (Admissions/Registration/Testing/Evaluations)
- Financial Aid
- Business Office
- Instruction Office
Response times in these departments will be delayed for several business days. We encourage you to allow as much lead time as possible for any requests. We thank you for your patience during this transition period.
Registration for Summer and Fall quarters will continue to be available in our existing MySVC toolbox. Registration for Winter will take place in the new ctcLink system. Please stay tuned for more details as we get closer to the October launch date.
Questions regarding this message can be sent to ctcLinkInfo@skagit.edu.
[SVC Dept Contact]
Email signature note regarding Skagit Valley College’s move to ctcLink and related service disruptions
The following note may be added to your email signature for the month of October 2021 to help alert others about our move to ctcLink and related service disruptions:
Please note: Skagit Valley College will move to a new data and financial system in October. A disruption to services in these areas and/or delay in response will occur as we make the transition October 11 through November 1, 2021. We expect to be fully operational again on Monday, November 1. We appreciate your patience during this period. For more information go to ctclink.skagit.edu.
- SBCTC’s main ctcLink project page
- ctcLink Connect – This is the ctcLink project blog featuring news and updates for Washington state community and technical colleges.
- Canvas – Canvas is the learning management system used by SBCTC to provide ctcLink training courses.
- Box – Box is the online tool SBCTC uses for ctcLink project document storage. If you think you need to access ctcLink files on Box, please contact Benjamin St. Germain.
- Skagit Valley Colleges ctcLink Sharepoint site – Documents used by Skagit Valley ctcLink project team. Includes…
- ctcLink presentations and status updates
- Important cutoff dates for departments
- ctcLink Timeline
- ctcLink Reference Center – SBCTC repository for ctcLink quick-reference guides, videos, and other help documents.
- SBCTC ctcLink Training