News & Updates sent February 24, 2022
Dear Campus Community,
On January 21, 2022, the SVC President, ctcLink Executive Sponsor, ctcLink Project Manager, along with pillar leads and key subject matter experts attended the inaugural SVC ctcLink Summit. There were 73 items discussed during the summit brought forward by all areas of the college. Over the course of the day, attendees reviewed post-implementation concerns, identified resolutions, and assigned leads for each of the items identified.
Themes discussed during the summit included:
- Resume communication to all employees with updates regarding what is going well, what will be coming online soon, functions that are not yet online, and more;
- Student group assignments and enrollment requirement rules (prerequisites) related to enrollment and tuition;
- Process changes due to ctcLink functionality related to tuition, fees, and reimbursements for students;
- Access/permissions to various areas related to admissions, registration, records, and advising process within ctcLink have been particularly challenging;
- Increase in work/time required for payroll processing, hiring, and other functionality;
- Process changes and challenges with vendor payment processing, departmental and other balances.
The ctcLink team is working through resolutions on these items now. In a future email, employees will be provided resources to reference which will include information on process changes that have occurred, changes to staff and department duties, and designated subject matter experts available for support, questions, and best practices.
UPCOMING CTCLINK OUTAGE
Thursday, Feb. 24, 9 p.m.- Friday, Feb. 25 at 4 a.m.: the Campus Solutions (CS) and Human Capital Management (HCM) pillars will be unavailable in ctcLink in preparation for deployment group 6A (DG6) go-live.
Friday, Feb. 25, 3 p.m. – Monday, Feb. 28, 7 a.m.: Beginning Friday afternoon there is a full weekend conversion for DG6A and ctcLink will be completely unavailable for all pillars. The weekend conversion window will prevent employees from accessing all pillars for job duties and self-service, and students will not be able to access self-service, online admissions application (OAAP), and the mobile app/site until maintenance is complete. Canvas will not be impacted.
Additional outages will occur as the remaining DG6 colleges come on to ctcLink. Prior to those outages, there will be advanced notice to the SVC college community.
IMPORTANT UPDATES FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
The holiday pay reporting procedure has changed starting with the President’s Day holiday, February 21, for classified and exempt employees who are overtime eligible who report their work hours in a timesheet. These employees should now report their holiday hours on their timesheet and will no longer leave the holiday blank. Step-by-step instructions were sent via email on Tuesday.
Employees have access to their 2021 W-2 within Employee Self-Service should they need an additional copy or replacement. If employees would prefer to only receive their W-2 electronically in the future and no longer have the paper document mailed to them, they can elect that option in Employee Self-Service as well.