News & Updates sent April 19, 2022
Welcome to spring quarter! Please see below for important updates and resources.
CTCLINK OUTAGE NOTICE
ctcLink will experience periodic outages on Thursday, April 21 and Friday, April 22, followed by a complete outage over the weekend to bring deployment group (DG6B) colleges on to ctcLink. This impacts both student and employee ability to login to ctcLink or activate their account.
Thursday, April 21, 9:00 pm – Friday, April 22, 4:00 am: The Campus Solutions and Human Capital Management pillars will be unavailable during the maintenance period. Admissions (OAAP) and HighPoint Mobile HCX pages will be unavailable during the maintenance period. Canvas will not be impacted.
Friday, April 22, 3:00 pm – Monday, April 25, 7:00 am: The entire ctcLink environment will remain offline during the Weekend Conversion dates noted above. Canvas will not be impacted.
As an enterprise, web-based system, we will experience additional outages as the last of the colleges (DG6C) are brought on to ctcLink and will have regular system outages for functionality and security updates.
Since our March update, the ctcLink team has continued the significant effort on several items from the ctcLink Summit. Here is an update on items that were still being reviewed from our last update plus status on a few others.
Completed summit items:
- Program coding and admissions for BAS degrees, as well as other student program coding updates;
- Process refinement for course coding/tuition calculations;
- Refining the enrollment cancellation (unpaid drop) process;
- Departmental process changes related to course catalog fees and course list fees;
- Work with SBCTC to resolve known system-wide issues that affect statement reconciliations;
- Accounts payable has completed the backlog of payments and is able to process new payments in a timelier manner;
In progress summit items:
- Staffing capacity to complete transcript rebuilds in ctcLink for students who did not convert or have not attended in many years;
- Student program coding review;
- Supplemental system updates for ctcLInk including TargetX and the Educational Plan system;
- Budget tracking reports;
- The Financial Aid office is continuing their ctcLink conversion process.
SUMMER AND FALL ENROLLMENT
Supporting students for Summer and Fall enrollment remains a top priority for all of us. The 2022-2023 Application Supplement was successfully launched last week! A few notes and reminders regarding this process:
- The 2022-2023 includes Summer 2022, Fall 2022, Winter 2023, and Spring 2023.
- All 2022-2023 applicants can start the intake process which includes the State Application (OAAP), the Application Supplement, completing placement, Cardinal-Take Off Group Advising and setting up their MySVC Account and finally Pre-Flight Orientation.
- Students will be able to sign up for their Cardinal-Take Off Group Advising (CTO), they receive an email once all their steps are complete.
- The annual process for the Application Supplement is based on the academic calendar. This means, any student within the 2021-2022 year who would like to move their application into the 2022-2023 year will need to submit a new application supplement. They can move their application within the academic year without the need to submit a new application supplement.
Enrollment Services staff are working hard to answer questions and guide applicants and the Counseling and Advising team is also working hard to help new students register.
RESOURCES FOR EMPLOYEES
- To provide clarity across the College, the Process Change Guide was created to outline changes to many common processes that have occurred since ctcLink implementation. Please note: this document will continue to evolve as changes occur, therefore it is recommended that staff save or bookmark this document in place of printing.
- As a reminder, the ctcLink website is the first place you should look for help with ctcLink for both employees and students. Please contact the IT Help Desk if you are unable to find what you need on the website, they will enter a ticket and escalate it to the correct support person.